Dec 7, 2008

As a Family tradition, we always set up our "FAKE" Christmas Tree thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Allen and their "Real" Christmas Tree fire many years ago. The girls were acting up all day and we had finally had enough. We decided to punish them by sending them to their room to work out their problems. We also told them that they would not be able to participate in setting up the Christmas Tree. If they were good, we would allow them to put the lights and ornaments on the tree the next day. When we were finished setting up the tree, we walked up to the girls room to talk to them and we found this sign taped to their door. They always find ways to make us feel like bad parents.

7 comments:

Devin & Christina said...

Nice one Troy...ruin family traditions cause you couldn't handle your kids...That was funny

Brent and Randi said...

That is too funny! I bet you wont do that again (or at least let them know if they managed to manipulate you...girls can be good at that.)

wholelottacards said...

I wanted to write something funny, but I keep laughing. This is classic funny...

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think your plan worked!! Surely they worked together on the sign right? Nice work.

-Aunt Mia

Lorna DeRoest said...

I learned from my kids years ago that family traditions are sacred and not to mess with them without the permission of the children. I know how you must have felt. I can laugh now about it, but then I felt pretty darn small.
Love ya, aunt Lorna

nanadover said...

Hey...you're not a good parent until the kids are miserable!:)
The good thing about this is they will remember that "you mean business" in the future. Keep your chin up! You will all survive this!....and even laugh about it for years to come! (I'm still chuckling...I love their sign! You have clever girls!)
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how clever these kids are. I'm always entertained when I come. I think someday I'll just move in the guest room and laugh my way through the rest of my life. Love you guys, Nana Linda

King of Hearts

King of Hearts