Nov 14, 2008

The V.P. over my office had a retirement party and the St Frances Yacht club in San Francisco. Bonnie and I were invited to attend on Friday November 7th. We stayed at the Palace near the Union Square. We decided to make a get away out of it and to see the sights. We had a fun time going to Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli square, Pier 39 and other parts of the city. We took a ride on the famous cable car and barely made it to Fisherman's Wharf after breaking down (loosing the cable) twice. We had to be pushed by a truck one time and then pushed up hill with a semi truck. The cable car was packed and very uncomfortable. People just jump on the sides and hang on for dear life as the trolley moves from block to block. Bonnie and I were sitting in outside seats when this man and his wife jumped on the sides right in front of us. Needless to say, the woman's purse kept swinging as the cable car was moving hitting me in my "Sensitive Area". I sure was glad when she got off cable car before I had permanent damage.


Trolley Car

Bonnie Pounding down a sunday in Ghirardelli Square. Man that girl can eat mint chip ice cream.


Alcatraz Island is in the background



Bonnie had the Clam chowder and I had the Chile both in Sourdough bowls. It's always fun when you can eat the bowl that your food came in.

Fishermans Wharf Crabs. Yummy

Lefties Rule store. Everything that a left handed person could ever need. My favorite is the left handed butter knife.

Fishermans Wharf

2 comments:

nanadover said...

So glad you had a good time...for the most part.
I really enjoy your pics!
Thanks for sharing!
Love Aunt Cathy

Brent and Randi said...

We love looking at the new pictures. I have to say that dessert like that would be like Disneyland for me. I had to settle for the stuff we had in the freezer after looking at it. Brent was also interested in the Left handed store. I never thought it would be such a bother to live in a right handed world until I met him. Glad you both had a fun time and a little time alone. It is good to see that some men still date their wives.

King of Hearts

King of Hearts