Nov 1, 2008


Troop #143



The Hole (Cave) is the beginning of the climb down Mooney Falls. Yes it looks dark. On the climb out I hit my head and just about knocked myself out. That would have been a fun 200'fall.



Mooney Falls






We've had a busy year in 2008. Scott and I went on a backpacking trip to Havasu Falls AZ. It was a wonderful trip. We hiked in 10 miles and then took a helicopter out of the canyon. The falls are absolutely beautiful.
Moony falls gave me a little scare. To hike down to the falls you have to go into a dark and scary cave and then scale down the side of the cliff. A chain is secured into the side of the rock to give you a place to grip so you don't fall. I have a phobia of heights so with my hands sweating like crazy the chain became slippery. I had a little anxiety attack just looking at the climb down but I had to "MAN UP" once I got passed by a group of 60+ year old women and of course not forgetting that My son left me to die on the mountain alone. He had already climbed down "Raced Down" to the bottom. Little Punk. He told me that he just wanted to get to the bottom so he could catch me when I fall. Thanks Son.

P.S. This summer I was called to be the new Scout Master. I wouldn't have been called to be Scout Master if the Bishop had been there on the trip and had seen me clinging to the side of the mountain in fear.

1 comment:

nanadover said...

congrats on your calling! Scoutmaster is a great calling! We enjoyed ALL our years in scouts with our boys! Oooohhhh the adventures you will have!
It's so much fun to read about your adventures. Keep up the good work!
Love you much!
Aunt Cathy

King of Hearts

King of Hearts